Saturday 26 October 2013

Shopping the Halloween aisle Part deux

Hello all!  Welcome to my Saturday edition of Thrifty Parka, "Shopping the Halloween aisle Part deux".  This week I found myself wandering through the aisles at Value Village.  Once again I was drawn to the glitter and glamour of the Halloween aisle.

Behold the velo dagger shirt!!!
 (that is vintage pointy, collared shirt featuring cyclists, for you North American types)


hmm, who are those cyclists waving at???

I seriously coveted this velo shirt.  I loved everything about it!! Sadly it was far too small.  So I gave it one last lingering glance and walked away.  I hope it finds a good home.



Lavishly beaded and sequined BUTTERFLY Tops, circa 1980s.

Patchwork jacket, made in Korea.  No, it's not leather, it's vinyl...and it's gorgeous!!

Another gorgeous beaded top!!

Closeup of the beading.

A fabularse sequined top.

Closeup.




A mint condition, suede and crocheted vest...this was seriously temping as it was in MINT condition!!


Loved this jacket.  But it was a tad pricey at $15.




Loved this jacket too.  

I didn't buy any of these lovely things.  I buy this cute, wicker purse (dontcha love the chain handle?).

This little purse is a steal for $6!!

I popped into Sally Anne after buying the purse.  I checked out the jewelery case first. And that's where I spotted this elephant necklace. Then at the checkout I debated about buying this alabaster trinket box from Italy. I gave in when I saw the price ($2), and I thought how lovely it would look on my hall table.

Elephant necklace $5, trinket box $2.

Clearance cosmetics!!!
The next day I popped into Shopper's Drug Mart to pick up some milk.  As I walked in, I was immediately accosted by a clearance table of discontinued cosmetics.  I bought 4 eyeliners for 70 cents each.  

The purse, the necklace, the trinket box, and these eyeliners were my splurge for this week.  

What do you splurge on?

Happy thrifting!!

2 comments:

  1. I want to jump on the next plane to get my hands on all those incredible things! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vix the Halloween costume aisles are loaded with all sorts of lovely things. I'm waiting for the Nov 1st half-price sale to snap them up. You should definitely jump on a plane and come to Canada. Problem is the weather is too cold!! Enjoy India!!

    ReplyDelete