Saturday 9 November 2013

99 cent sale thrift haul

Pheaw!  Is it really November?  Where have September and October gone?  I still haven't finished sorting out my new abode, but that didn't stop me from checking out the 99 cent event at the Salv Army.


Here is a list of what I snapped up for a cost of 99 cents each:
1. Vintage 80s maroon/teal broomstick skirt 
2. Vintage 90s lace skirt (made in California no less)
3. Vintage 90s black velvet, tube skirt (floor length stretchy skirt)
4. Grey blanket skirt (Jessica, from Sears)

All of the above skirts were ankle or floor grazers...can hardly wait to style them!!!

5. Black dress pants  (Gap, they fit like a dream!)
6. Club Monaco pin-striped dress pants (need to be hemmed)
7. Men's cotton pants.  Huh?  Why did I buy men's pants?  Well, these pants were never worn, and they were a muted pink shade. I don't live in a fashion forward city, so they were likely a gift to someone who was too hesitant to wear such a bold color.  They are destined to be worn in the summer.

And last but not least,
8. Red, satin maxi skirt.  Destined to get cut up for craft projects.

I found that our 2 Salv Army stores were pretty picked over. It took 3 trips to 2 stores to score all this stuff.  Still, it was a good time, as I like a good rummage.

Total spent, $8 baby!!!

Happy thrifting.

No comments:

Post a Comment